Yearly and monthly dedicated storage

SMART Offer

Your own dedicated storage space guaranteed for the year

Subscribing for a cargo unloading operation before December, 15th using the SMART regasification service automatically gives you a contractual dedicated storage space. This space is allocated to you for the full calendar year in which the unloading operation takes place.

Allocation of storage capacity at the Fos Cavaou terminal

The LNG storage capacity of the Fos Cavaou terminal is 330,000 m3.

  1. A "shared" space: it belongs to nobody in particular. This storage allows Fosmax LNG to manage discontinuous deliveries of LNG and the transmission of the terminal on the gas grid.
  2. A dedicated space: Within the global storage, this storage space is dedicated personally to each customer : contractual storage space or monthly storage space. The stored LNG fully belongs to the client, this one can not be reloaded or sent out into the gas grid by Fosmax LNG.
  3. A non-exploitable space: this space corresponds to the LNG heel of the tanks. The LNG stock in this area is not commercially exploited.

Every month, we market an additional unallocated dedicated storage space. In 2021, 13 GWh per month are offered on this basis.

Please visit the summary of total terminal capacity on the 'Capacity available on our site’s page.

 

Obtaining a dedicated storage space

There are two ways of obtaining dedicated storage:

Contractual storage space
Subscribing for X TWh at the terminal entitles you to X GWh of contractual storage. An allocation rule is applied as part of your subscription to the SMART service (applicable to any subscription before December, 15th of year N-1 for N).

Monthly storage space
Since the Fos Cavaou terminal is only subscribed at 87%, the remaining storage space of 13%, which is dedicated to customers, is offered on a monthly basis.

 

What can dedicated storage be used for?

Your dedicated storage space can be used to:

  • change your send-out of gas into the natural gas transmission grid

Allocated and determined on the basis of LNG deliveries to the terminal, your send-out of natural gas to the transmission grid can be changed at any time when you have your own dedicated storage.
Perhaps you have no send-out requirement and have notified the terminal operator of that fact, or perhaps you need more... It’s no problem, because you can inject LNG into your dedicated storage space or withdraw gas from it as and when you wish. That way, you can tailor your send-out volumes very closely to your daily requirements.

  • assign your stored - but unused – capacity

Your dedicated storage capacity can be assigned to shippers in the secondary market.

  • reload the LNG held in your storage space into a small LNG carrier or truck

If you do not wish to regasify your LNG, you can reload it in its liquid state.

Storage flexibility

Stockage dédié

View the new tariffs and services

picto contacter

Contact Fosmax LNG

Any question about our products or services ?