Check your vessel compatibility data before your first call at Fos Cavaou
The Fos Cavaou LNG terminal vessel reception conditions are checked before inclusion in the terminal schedule. This approval procedure refers specifically to the most recent safety inspections of the vessel in accordance with SIGTTO (Society of International Gas Tanker & Terminal Operators) recommendations.
Fosmax LNG uses the services of its own in-house maritime experts for ship approval assessments, which allows us to respond very quickly to requests (the lead time can be less than 48 hours for a SPOT delivery).
The contractual documents
The procedure for approving vessels wishing to reload or unload at the Fos Cavaou terminal is as follows:
- exchange of key information
- ship/shore interface study
- unloading or reloading test
- ship safety inspection
To prepare these inspection points prior to the procedure, Fosmax LNG provides a pre-acceptance questionnaire to be completed before the vessel is scheduled.
A large number of vessels have already fully or partially completed the procedure, and are approved by the Fos Cavaou terminal (more than one-third of the global LNG carrier fleet). Fosmax LNG makes this list available to its customers in order to reduce the amount of administration required.
The ship approval tariff is €5,000.
However, the ship approval tariff is waived where:
- the vessel is a sister ship of an LNG carrier already approved by the Fos Cavaou terminal and is operated by the same ship manager
- the ship is scheduled in the annual schedule for the following year prepared on 15 December of the current year in accordance with the general conditions of the contract for access (cf. Article 7.1).